Hotels COVID free certification
We believe in responsible and safe travel and we are working on new procedures and protocols to become a “Hotel COVID free” certificate accommodation.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and workers. Our hotels are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning and to be certificated as “Hotel COVID free” developing the health and safety measures designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19. Specific steps that our hotels are taking include:
Workers health, safety and knowledge: Hotel workers – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- COVID tests: provide COVID tests to our teams.
- Masks and gloves: provide masks and gloves to our teams.
- Hydro alcoholic gel: stations of automatic hydro alcoholic gel dispensers around the hotel, bottles and wipes of hydro alcoholic gel to be use for our workers and guests.
- Hand Hygiene: proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Training: in addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel workers are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Coordination: our teams are on standby 24/7 to support the hotels and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest rooms: hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public spaces: hotel increases the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Extra measures: we are developing extra measures like glass screens in reception, safe kits for room, disinfecting special machines, stations of automatic hydro alcoholic gel dispensers in common areas.
In addition, Palacio de Villapanés has created a Work Committee to focus on developing the “Hotel COVID free” certification and the next level of cleanliness standards, hospitality norms and behaviours. The Committee includes both in-house and outside experts in housekeeping, food safety, sanitation and protective technology.